Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sorry...

I promise I have not just turned into a total slacker after only starting my blog for 3 days.  I have a valid excuse for not posting the last two days...I have been sick.  Sometime Thursday late afternoon I started to not feel well.  That night I threw up and ended up taking some meds that didn't allow me to nurse for 24 hours. It was a good thing we had a supply of milk already stored up because we needed it!  I spent most of that night actually sleeping and Chris got the night shift.  Then Friday afternoon a friend of ours, Mel, who actually works at Phoenix Children's Hospital, came over and watched Penelope while I slept.  After another pretty good night last night I woke up this morning feeling much more like a normal person!

Thursday Penelope had her second doctor's appointment.  She weighed in at 7 lb 1oz putting her at the 15th percentile.  Dr. Alexander said he would like her to have gained just a little more weight, but it could be that she is just going to be on the thinner side.  We go back in two weeks to check that again. Penelope has been having a lot of "wake" time in that she hasn't been sleeping too much during the day, some, but not really good naps or anything and a few nights had a few cry/screaming fits.  We now believe she wasn't quite getting enough to eat. She would eat then about 30 min to an hour later acting hungry again.  Since we are trying to put her on some-what of a schedule, I wasn't sure if I should feed her again or if she was even really hungry. After talking with the doctor he said that she might really be hungry and that after her food had settled she realized she wanted more so to supplement with a bottle of about an ounce and see what she does.  Since then she has been much sleepier!  We are glad to have that issue solved and Chris is also very glad that Dr. Alexander suggested us using a bottle so now he can feed her with a bottle easily.  That appointment came just in time for me to get sick because he got to feed her a lot on Thursday and Friday!  She has also done really well going between nursing and the bottle, which was a concern of mine.  She is our little trooper!

Today my amazing Aunt Carol posted on her blog some of the pictures she took of Penelope while she was out here.  They are beautiful.  Her blog is ladyinashoe.blogspot.com but I will post a couple of them too.  I will also post my pictures of the day for the last couple of days...

Thursday Picture of the day:
She likes her Daddy...and I'm pretty sure he likes her a little too...

So Friday I didn't actually take any pictures of her...I was sick remember?  So this is her Lorax picture from today and then a few pictures from Aunt Carol to make up for no Friday picture...



Lorax Day 19!


This was an idea we got off Pinterest and the verse she is beside is Psalm 119.  This picture is extra special because the big Bible she is on is the Wagner family Bible.



I always see sweet pictures of babies on the internet and stuff but its completely different when I see the sweet picture and my heart jumps because I realize its my baby!


I think I need to submit this one to Similiac because the first time I saw it I seriously thought Aunt Carol was showing me a picture from one of their ads..then I realized I knew that little face...


This is her Pops wearing his bunker jacket and her in his helmet...the one he actually fights fires wearing.


Yep, thats my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment