Saturday, April 28, 2012

Penelope & Daddy Day

Today was Penelope and Daddy day.  I was in the Arizona room most of the day (except for feeding times) working away at my craft table.  Today's craft was a Tummy Time Mat for Penelope to work on strengthening her neck and back muscles.  I used scraps of fabric from my bucket and made her a cute little mat to play on.  It has a pillow to prop her up on along with 4 loops that snap so we can attach toys for her to play with.  The pillow will snap off too so I can wash everything as needed.  It turned out pretty cute. I am pretty excited about it.  Penelope hung out with her Daddy all day.  They watched tv, played on the computer, kept up with the Aggie baseball game and napped.  It was a hard day for them...


Here is her mat.  The pillow will snap off so I can throw it all in the washer if I need to.


 Here it is with a couple of toys!


She seemed to like it.  We played on it for about 5 minutes. At first she tried to pull her legs up under herself and move.  It didn't go over so well considering she has little upper body muscle...


At first she thought the pillow was just to rest her cute little head on.
 Then she figured out how it worked!  I laid in front of the mat and talked to her to try and get her to pull her head up and look at me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment