Friday, July 31, 2009

Its official!

Wednesday eveing I was waiting for Chris to get home from work and I decided to play some Guitar Hero. Will gave us the Guitar Hero for a wedding gift and I haven't played much lately, so when Will happens to come into town trash talk starts and I get showed up because I havne't played in a while, so I decided to brush up on my skills. I almost made it the 2 1/2 steps across my living room to my chair when my phone rang. I looked at it and saw it was a number from Arizona. I had talked to Deanna, the lady I'd done my interview with and been in contact with since this whole craziness started, a few days before and she said a lady named Lisa would be handling my situation from here on out. I was so very excited to hear "Kim? This is Lisa from Scottsdale Culinary" come across the phone. Chris and I have been trying to hold off on telling people whats going on because although we feel like its where we are suppose to be have the final acceptance makes everything much more real. Lisa said enrollment was open for the first of the year and asked if I could get to a computer and get my information going. I quickly said SURE! About 30 minutes later I had finished the online application and Lisa and e-mailed me the three pieces of paper that had to be printed, signed, and sent back. She told me if i could do it now then she would be able to wrap everything up then. So Chris, who had arrived home by this point, and I hopped in the truck and drove up to my office, since my printer is out of ink, and printed out, signed and sent back the papers needed. Of course, being that this was a victory for me, Chris and stopped at our favorite gas station to get an icee :-D. On our way home Lisa called back to let me know she had gotten the papers and I was done! It was awesome to hear "Congradulations! You are officially enrolled to start on January 4th. WHOOP!!! We were (and still are) pretty stinking excited! Its official. Now fear and nervousness has set in but we know this is where Father wants us to be and we know he will work things out for us wether is be money, place to live or jobs, he has a plan and will show us exactly what it is. We are preparing for a nice big garage sale (which I'm very excited about)! I'm odd and I love garage sales. I always have and I don't know why. But we have some friends who are cleaning out and giving us things along with family and we are going to use all the money we make to go towards our Arizona fund!

Earlier this week I was looking for a homemade ranch dressing mix to try out because the ranch I buy is a little pricy so I was wanting to try something different. Along my road of google-ing 'homemade ranch dressings' I came across what is now my favorite website. thepioneerwoman.com She has some awesome recipes, cute kids, great pictures and good stories. I pretty much love her life. Its been fun over the last few days reading her stories and seeing her pictures. Tonight, along with our pork, I'm trying out a new recipe I saw on her website! I'm excited! :-D

Thank you all for your prayer and support so far in this journey. We would appreciate for y'all to continue to pray for and support us. The next few months will be filled with more stress, preperations and prayer on our part. We are excited to see what Father has for us as we move into the next adventure he has planned.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and fully expected you to be accepted because of the peace I heard in your voice that night on the phone. It will be sweet to see how the Lord works it all out for you both. Love you.

    ReplyDelete