Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I fear you understimate my sneekyness.

This last weekend Chris, Scuba and I crawled into Scuba's mustang and drove across Texas to the booming town of Andrews. We left about 4:45 Friday morning and drove to Midland. We stopped on the way in Colorado City to see my grandmother for a bit but then headed into Midland. Once we got there we got to spend some good time with Justin and DeAndra, oh how I miss them!! We talked with them for quite some time before ventruing across the apartment complex to Cole and Lynn's place. Cole was still at work but Lynn was home. She tried to give away half of their belongings. Its was quite funny. We got yelled at when we started searching through the dvd box though. We then went grocery shopping and got food for the cookout we were planning for our parents the next day. The poor girl who checked us out. We split the payment into 6 and then paid with four different credit cards. It was very funny! We all then piled into our vehicles and drove to Andrews. When we got there we were sad to see that Dad wasn't home, but mom was. We decided to go ahead and go in but keep the cars hidden. Its normal for Kent to walk in the door because he lives with them so he walked in first and the rest of us followed. Mom's face was great! She had no idea! We did very good!! A little while later dad came home and was just as surprised. I love surprising my parents. There is nothing like expecting one kind and getting 6! haha.

That night we went to Cassidy's for dinner then to Nana and Grandad's for games. Stephen, Linda, Savannah and Rhett were there too. They were just as surprised as mom and dad were! We had fun playing games with all of them. Saturday I got up and almost everyone else was still asleep. I saw dad was out messing with the truck so I went out to talk to him. We ended up talking for about an hour. It was really good. I got to tell him all about Scottsdale Culinary Institiute. I haven't talked to him at all about anything so I didn't know what his reaction was at all. In true dad form, he said that if its what we want to do then go for it. If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out but that a lot of people miss out on things because they wait too long or they don't just go for it. Thats my dad! After we talked it was time to fix breakfast! Mom and I cooked a big breakfast for everyone. While we were cooking we got to talk about Scottsdale some. It was good. We talked about what kind of place we were looking for and if we thought we might get to look into a house. We think we will end up in an apartment for location and money but we are unsure. Mom and I talked about how we haven't had any red flags or bad thoughts on the idea. So Chris and I are just going to proceed as planned and if along the way Fathers says no then we will go a different direction. But it was a good talk with Mom. After breakfast all the kids cleaned the house. We figured since we just showed up and invited people we should help clean the house. We then spent the afternoon goofing off and started cooking our big dinner. It was sooo good! Kent fixed backstrap, Chris fixed a brisket, Lynn made mashed potatoes and pasta salad, Nanny made banana pudding, I helped prep veggies to grill, Lynn also cooked our asparagus and we grilled chicken too. It was a great meal!! Nana, Grandad and Rhett came over and Nanny drove in from Colorado City too. Of course we played games afterwords and watched the Nascar race...which was followed by a very exciting conversation on who was in the wrong. It was funny. Of course Dad and I did some damage at Hand and Foot this weekend. We killed mom and Grandad by a good 10,000 points and Chris and Scuba by about the same.

Sunday we got up and all went to church. It was good to see some sweet faces! Then we all went back to the house and had some leftovers for lunch. Scuba and I agreed the honey do only got better after the first day. Overall the weekend was a lot of fun. It was good to just get to hang out with the family and relax. It was also good to talk with my parents face to face about Scottsdale. Chris and I are still very excited about it and can't wait to see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment